Sunday, October 23, 2011

Man Attacks Bird with Fork.. .


 
I was working on some self portrait designs when I came up with a character that I was interested in putting in a scene. Whilst I was developing these images Priscilla Wong (my awesome 2D mentor) helped me draw them in a more 3 dimensional way. Drawing through, and choosing the eye line etc.. . It's by no means 'great art', but I did take a few small steps forward working on the project. :)

I started with these Self portraits. I don't know if any of them really look like me, but the point was to play with design and simplification. Graphic shapes and interesting proportions. I did a lot more iterations than shown here.



Then I did this sketch, which really isn't me, but I liked it and wanted to use it as a test piece and take it into something feeling a little more 3D.

. ..then the bird. I wanted to keep the shape really simple, and that worked out well as a I was able to make them 3D quite easily. Simple and fun. Again, I did many more iterations than this.

No comments: